- PHP v5.2 (+bcmath-extension, +zip-extension)
- MySQL v5.0+
- eGroupWare v1.5+ - see eGroupWare dependencies
- Firefox or Safari as client (IE may or may not work with pERP, bug reports invited)
Basic reporting is all done in OOo formats (nothing extra required)
- Optional reporting (pdf, doc) requirements and HOWTO:
- OpenOffice.org v2.0+ (recommended 2.0.3+, do not use v 2.0.2)
- Java v1.4+
- Xvfb (Headless ONLY)
- Newer versions (2.3+) of OOo do not need Xvfb to be headless.
- Just start OpenOffice with this param -accept="socket,port=8100;urp;"
- For headless I use this startup script (of course your binary locations may vary, this is for Debian)
/usr/bin/Xvfb :1 &
/usr/bin/soffice -quickstart -headless -accept="socket,port=8100;urp;" -display :1 &
Dan Jankowski wrote the developer's mailing list, these steps worked for him on SME 7.3:
- download the tarball from openoffice.org
- go to the RPMS dir and delete the two rpms that have to do with gnome and kde integration
- yum localinstall *.rpm in that dir
- come back and run this
/opt/openoffice.org2.4/program/soffice "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager" -nologo -nofirststartwizard -headless
- that was all i did...took me hours to find the info, but that was it. If you scour the web for this info you will end up getting references to Xvfb. With the newer versions of OO you don't need to install it.
- The manufacturing module no longer requires Workflow, but you lose a lot of power and control without it. There is no package for it at this time, but you can get it from eGroupWare's SVN:
cd /var/www/html/egroupware (or wherever you installed eGW)
Don't forget the . at the end.
svn checkout http://svn.egroupware.org/egroupware/trunk/workflow .
pERP uses the PEAR Image Barcode library.
It requires a patch for UPC A (as of 2009-05-20) Other encodings are unaffected.